Wednesday, June 2, 2010

material decision

Made a decision about the sterling silver thing. I was using 22 gauge sterling silver for the pendant portion of the custom personalized necklaces and I didn't feel positive about it, I guess because of the tarnish issues with sterling silver. Sterling silver will tarnish more quickly because of the copper in sterling silver. Fine silver is a pure silver and resist tarnishing. The cost for fine silver is more, but I think it is worth it.

So, I've decide to go with fine silver for the pendant portion and use sterling silver chains. Just updated the website, the Etsy and Zibbet shops.

May offer a sterling silver chain option: rolo or bead chain; 16" or 18" lenghts??

suppose to get some pics from an alpaca farm ... :-)!

-snapdragon

No comments:

Post a Comment