Tuesday, April 12, 2011

shy little guy

Finished a new painting today.

This little guy was inspired by the raccoons living in the woods next to the house. Since the time change it gets dark later in the evening so you can see everything in the yard. Well, almost every evening a pair of raccoons come out of the woods and sniff around looking for something to eat. The pair like to eat the bird food which has fruit and hazel nuts in the songbird mix. Also, they eat all of the bread crumbs I toss for the birds. One evening I went out into the backyard to fill the bird feeder and there was one of the raccoons. As soon as he saw me he ran into the woods, but just far enough to watch me from the thick brush. I could see his cute little face peeking out from the dark brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment